"I found a variable "v_4" in an old data file and I can't remember how exactly I created it. The syntax I used got a bit messy, I have different files and they're in different folders. Is there an easy way to find out which syntax files contain the expression "v_4"?"
SPSS Search Syntax Files ToolSPSS Search Syntax Files Tool
- Make sure you have the SPSS Python Essentials installed.
- Next, download and install the SPSS Search Syntax Files Tool. Note that this is an SPSS custom dialog.
- Click .
- Specify a folder, a search expression and a file extension.
- Optionally, specify the first character(s) of the file names you'd like to search.
- Click syntax. and run the pasted
- The full paths to all files containing the search expression are printed back in the SPSS output window.
- Clicking the tool's button will take you to this tutorial. We very much appreciate your feedback on it.
- All files containing plain text can be scanned with this tool. This includes .txt, .html, .csv and .py files.
- Note that MS Word (.doc) and Excel (.xls) files do not contain plain text and therefore can't be scanned by this tool.
- Note that you can copy-paste paths from the SPSS output window into Windows Explorer in order to open files.
THIS TUTORIAL HAS 2 COMMENTS:
By bereket haji on July 7th, 2016
I need support on statistical data analyses using SPSS.
In what way you can help me?
By Ruben Geert van den Berg on July 8th, 2016
We offer consulting to foreign clients but we do require advance payment in this case because we can't sign formal contracts. I'm currently on holiday until the 22nd. However, if you can send the details regarding your request, I'll try and look into it and come up with an estimate of the hours and costs.